Eastwind Hotel & Bar retained RHC to launch their 1920’s bunkhouse-turned-boutique hotel in New York’s iconic Catskills. Our goal was to establish the property as a design-forward, luxury, near-camping experience that appealed not only to the drive-in market but to a global audience.
Located in the Catskills, and featuring a bunkhouse, hill house, and three standalone A-frame cabins, Eastwind Hotel & Bar was well-positioned to leverage growing consumer interest in the trend of luxury camping or “glamping.” Because the property emphasizes uninhibited access to nature, we recognized an opportunity to launch the property with a compelling storytelling campaign. We worked to communicate the unique blend of Scandinavian-inspired design, access to fresh air and waterfalls, and outstanding guest accommodations.
- RHC executed wide media outreach, pitching the property’s launch and glamping angle to travel, luxury, lifestyle, bridal, and trade publications
- RHC worked with Eastwind’s owners to facilitate immersive experiences of the property for top-tier media and influencers
- To support the property’s positioning as the Catskills’ premiere glamping property, RHC partnered with Hunter Boots to curate a guest amenity closet inclusive of boots, umbrellas and backpacks
- RHC liaised with state and regional tourism boards to ensure the property’s inclusion in drive market initiatives and media opportunities
- 200+ million media impressions
- Coverage included: Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, AFAR, Monocle, American Way, Harper’s Bazaar, Architectural Digest, Wallpaper, Brides, Goop and more
- 90% of first season’s bookings came directly from media stories that clicked to the hotel’s website
- Lushna Cabins sold out each weekend for the first six-months and three weddings booked for their first fall open
- RHC received an HSMAI Adrian Award for the launch of Eastwind in the New Property Launch category